- To facilitate collaboration between developmental partners and Oyo State Government.
- To source for intervention funds( national/ international institutions and agencies) for the development of different sectors in the State.
WORKSHOP- DEVELOPMENT COOPERATION AND DEVELOPMENT PLANNING.
The Public Service is the nodal point for the implementation of social objectives in a democracy. The implementation of the socio-economic agenda of Oyo State Government requires comprehensive institutional reform which would enthrone attitudinal changes- efficiency, fiscal discipline, accountability, transparency and good governance in the civil service for effective service delivery.
In this regard, The Special Adviser to His Excellency on Intervention Funds and Developmental Projects organized a 3day capacity building workshop between the 6 & 8 of April 2017 on institutional reform for senior government officials in the State with the theme : “Development Planning and Development Cooperation: Main Vehicles for Socio- Economic Growth”. This workshop focused on performance measurements, performance reports forming part of the strengthening approaches to support the public service, donor harmonization and alignment around the State’s strategies for development as well as a focus on monitoring, evaluations and results.
The Intervention examined the Concept of Institutional reform and vehicles for effecting this change, strategies for integrated socio-economic development goal. It emphasized the importance for all stakeholders, including government and citizenry to make concerted efforts for development- for changed mindset, attitudes, performance and productivity.
This Programme as well as other workshops and Projects are in tune with His Excellency, Senator Abiola Ajimobi’s affirmation in 2015 that “we rekindle our hope in the power of positive change that would transform our story into glory”. His Excellency further affirmed that “the policy thrust of Oyo state government from 2015-2019 shall be guided by the manifesto of out great party as well as our personal desire to leave imperishable legacies that will carve out immortality for us as individuals and as government”. It is on this premise that all efforts are geared towards maximizing positive socio-economic impact of the states fiscal operations on the populace and together build and sustain institutions for prosperity. These are legacies that would be imprinted on the sands of time.
Participants at the Workshop include, the Secretary to the State Government, Alhaji Olalekan Alli; the Head of Service, Mr. Soji Eniade MNI; Commissioners; Special Advisers; Senior Special Advisers; Permanent Secretaries; Directors and many other Executives of Government Parastatals.
The Workshop was facilitated by a team of resource persons led by a Development Cooperation Expert, Dr. Yisa Awoyinka. Participants’ attendance was impressive and the 3 day workshop was highly successful.
- Economic Growth
- New Technologies/ Products / Services
- Funding Partners effectively participating in development process.
- Opportunities for staff training to strengthen capacities.
- Opportunities to pool of funds for development
- Intra-ACP programme for Energy Security;
- Intra-ACP programme for culture and development;
- The investment facility of the European Investment Bank to SMEs, Infrastructure and Energy;
- The State benefiting from the 10th EDF Nigeria Competitiveness Support Programme for trade facilitation and investment being implemented by GIZ and UNIDO.