The radio arm of the corporation was founded about thirty six years ago in 1976 while the television arm was founded about thirty years in 1982. There are currently about 4499 members of staff. The BCOS educates enlightens, entertains and disseminates information to occupants of the state and beyond.
To restore professionalism in the corporation thereby making BCOS the hub of a modern day broadcasting in the country.
To serve as an agent for societal reformation,rejuvenation of our core values and culture for purpose of re-branding the whole of Oyo state.
- To educate, enlighten, and inform our audience on the platform of entertainment;
- To install and operate radio and television distribution services;
- To provide for and receive from other persons,matters to be broadcast;
- To organize,provide and subsidize educational activities and public entertainment for the purpose of broadcast;
- To collect News and information in any part of the world in any manner that may be thought fit and to establish and subscribe to News Agencies.